Thursday, September 18, 2008

T Minus 3 Months And Counting

As the calendar to my right tells me, today is September 18th, three months till my 37th birthday and my goal of losing 30 lbs this year.

I hopped on the scale this a.m to see exactly were I am at weight wise thus determining how far I have to go. First I want to say Kris was right. My weigh in Monday was just one moment in time. I got on the scale today and had dropped 1 lb from Monday, so maybe it was just hig sodium foods and good beer last week. Im currently at 188 lbs, down 16 lbs from January 1st. 14 more lbs to go, so slightly over 4 lbs a month for the next 3 months. Ive lost more than that in the past.

This week was the first week were I met my September goal of hitting the Y at least 3-4 times a week. I feel pretty good though about it. Im even begining to notice some definition in places that I didnt before. Maybe I should take some pics now and then maybe 6 months from now to see how much ( if any ) difference there is.

Oh, today I am quitting soda ( again ). Like many folks have told me, the weight will drop off even faster once I quit drinking Coke and Pepsi.

Wish me luck and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Mary said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Kris said...

About 7-8 years ago, I dropped 5 lbs in 6 months with making no change other than switching from regular to diet pop. Just sayin'...