Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Somethings I just dont get

Debbie and I were watching a program on tv last night ( think it was on Discovery Health or something ) about a paralyzed lady who gave birth to a little boy. Now the lady wasnt a quadraplegic but she did have limited ues of her upper extremities. My question is, why would somebody in that position want to have a child? If you are dependent on others ( her husband, caretakers ) to take care of you a good part of the time, why have a child? Now I grant you this woman can love her son with all of her heart, but she cant feed him, change diapers, hold him etc. I just dont get it.

Maybe its just me and maybe I need to expand my horizons or think outside of the box, feel free to chime in on this.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

How do you know that it wasn't her husband that wanted to have the child? Because she is in a wheelchair, does that mean she shouldn't be able to experience having a child?