Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wish they all could be PA girls....

Ok, I got called out on my own blog by a friend from Kick. I wont bring up any names and I doubt anybody will take the time to look for it. I just thought that I would do a little something to make up for it in some way. I guess you could say this is just an extension of Friends and thier blogs.


Alrighty then... To lead things off we have Heather ( sauconRunner ) . Shes been a part of the gang for quite some time. I met Heather, her hubby and their beautiful little girl Avery last year in Philly. I actualy sat next to the three of them at dinner on Saturday night ( well that is until Avery wanted to go across the table to Auntie Alexis =) Heather has been doing real well with her running and took the plunge and will be returning to Philly this year signe dup for the full 26.2. Go Heather!


Next up is Jill ( Off the Couch Gal ) My first recollection of her in the group was her running ( and winning some AG hardware I think ) a race with her dog. Pretty cool deal. We dont have many if at all of those races at all here. Again one of those fine folks from Kick that I got to meet in Philly. The first interaction I had with her at dinner was "Hi Frankie, I have something for you" Jill got all of our matching shirt taken care of for us. ( they are still talked about and used to this day ) Jill is yet another one taking the plunge into the deep end of running by signing up for the full in Philly. You both will rock Philly.


Kate ( Praecipua in Pink ) is my final friend being talked about in this installment. Just recently getting her PhD and accepting a job in Missouri, Kate was a PA girl when I met her last year in Philly. I had a great time meeting her in Philly and spent some time chatting with her at the after party. I am embarrassed to admit I didnt actualy know Kate's real name until I got to Philly. Sometimes for whatever reason you might not catch or know a presons real name from the board. Most of us dont use any part of our name as our user name.


Three great ladies who I enjoyed meeting and getting to spend what time I did with them. Im hoping to get back that way next year for a family vacation and hopefully get to see them again. Only time will tell.
This pic is just prior to the start of the 8k that the some of the gang ran in Philly. Pictured from left are Norah, Maria, Kate, Heather, Tim and Jill

1 comment:

sneakersister said...

Good memory Frankie! I ran a two mile race with my pup and we got second place. I'm still debating whether I'll do it again this year. It really was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the shout out. It would be so great if you made it back to the Philly area again sometime. Who knows, maybe as all this running progresses I may make it out west for something.