Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Friend, my love, my wife ( and her blog =) )

Remember in the 3rd installemt of Friends and BLogs I said one of the last 5 would get their own installment, well here it is....


Were do I begin with this one. At the beginning I guess. I met Debbie ( Thoughts, Rants and Rages ) through some friends of mine over 14 years ago. I was working at a speed shop here in town at the time. I became friends with quite a few of the customers and one of those friends had a cousin. That cousin was Debbie. She also happened to be dating one of my customers that I had known for a long time. I saw Debbie from time to time at the store or at the ceramics store that was next to the shop I worked at. One night I decided to leave her a note under the windshield wiper of her truck. Well unbeknownst to me, her truck had an alarm on it. Out of the ceramics store she came to find out what was up. We wound talking for a while that night. One thing led to another and I wound up dating Debbie later that year ( 1994 )


While dating we were there for each other during some really tough times in our lives ( her grandfather becoming ill and passing away, my brother and all of his stuff etc ) We grew really close during that time and I knew she was the one I wanted to marry. I proposed to her on Christmas Eve 1995. We got married in February of 1997.


Its been an interesting 11 years. Like any couple weve had our share of ups and downs. Definatley topping the ups list was the birth of our two children Sarah in 2001 and Tyler in 2004. The downs, well they were there but we made it through them. Ive known people who have had it worse in their marriages. Im very fortunate that I have the wife that I do. Id be the first to admit im not the easiest person to get along with at times. Im surprised she has stuck around as long as she has =) I do worry though that with her sleep deprivation issues I could be in trouble one night and Id never know ;) This pic was taken last year on our 10th anniversary cruise in the Carribean


In all seriousness, she's the love of my life and I wouldnt trade her for anyone.


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Kris said...

This is your best post ever. :-)

Frankie said...

Thanks Kris, my wife definately liked it =)