Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My Friends and their blogs part II



Let me give a lttile give an little explanation to those who read my blog that arent familiar with the 30s Somethings from KickRunners. The 30s are a tight knit group of men and women from all across the country and parts of Canada. Our common bond is running. SOme of us are fast, some slow and some are middle of the pakcers While I might not have met them all in person, I feel like I know all of them really well. As a group, weve been there for one another in victory and defeat, sickness and health, babies coming into the world, family and friends leaving this world. We have faced alot together. Lifelong friendships have formed within this group and we all know that if need be, any one of the group will be there for us.




Ok moving along.....




My friend Kris ( Life To The Power of Kris ) is up first here in the second group. All four of the folks in this group are members of the 30s. Kris has been a part of CR/Kick and our group for quite some time. Kris and I seem to do a good job of being supportive of each other at times when its needed. I met Kris ( and her friend Nick ) in person for the first time time last year in Cinncinati at the FlyingPig Marathon. I have since seen Kris at meetups/races in Philly and Madison. Kris is working on expanding my horizons when it comes to beer =). The pic of Kris and I was taken in Madison Memorial Day weekend






Kevin Parker ( Michigan-Yeah Were Staying ) is up next. Kevin ( and his lovely wife Tonya ) is another one who I met for the first time in Cincinnati at the Flying Pig. Even though he doesnt see it, we all think he bears a resemblance to Mark McGuire. Being the shit starter that I am, I walked up to Kevin at the PIg expo and asked him if he was Mark McGuire. I could tell he was a bit bent and I introduced myself to him ( as I could no longer hold a straight face ) Kevins line of work is an athletic trainer and I have asked him on several occasions for help wtih some of my issues. He has always been obliged to help. Seems like every pic I have of Kevin he is in a crowd. This is the only one I could find were he isnt in a crowd. This is Kevin and Melissa ( Cranegirl ) at dinner in Madison. Ironicaly its one of only two pics I have of Melissa were she isnt hiding from the camera.








Next up is the sexy librarian from Boston, Maureen ( Moe, For Better or Worse ) Moe has been a part of the group longer than I have. Moe and I met in Philly last year. Interesting story as neither one of us were prepared for the half marathon we were slated to run. I told her several months before that I would run it with her. She was worried about me getting hurt from slowing down. Nonsense I told her, Ill be fine ( its not like im a whole lot faster than she is anyways ) We decided we would alterante running and walking each mile. Well my buddy Joe decided he was going to join us on our little 13.1 mile journey. The three of us ran and walked every step together from start to finish. It wasnt my fastest HM ( the Pig is still my PR race ) but it was the most unique one out of the 3 I have done. I enjoyed every minute and would gladly do it again with the three of them. Speaking of Philly and the three of us, he we are at the finish




Beth ( My So-Called Running Life ) rounds out the quartet of friends. Beth joined CR sometime after I did. The first time I really remember interacting with her was when I asked her if she wanted to be my virtual training buddy for the Pig. We were both using Hal Higdons plan and I just thought it would be cool to have someone to keep me inline. Neither one of us did quite as well as we wouldve liked during our training but we toed the line in Cinci anyways. We ran together for most of the first 5-6 miles of the race and got separated in Eden Park. Beth finished about 3 minutes ahead of me in her debut HM. Not bad. I have since seen Beth in Philly and the infamous meetup in Madison =) Beth is the first Southener I have ever met and the first person to ever call me a Yankee. Kinda funny seeing as how I have never lived in the north ( her reasoning is my family is from the north, hmmm ok ill give her that ) This shot was taken at the Hoffbrauhaus in Kentucky after the Flying Pig race. She hates this pic but seeing as how I havent got the pic of her and I from Philly, this will have to do.



And this ends the 2nd segment of Frankies Friends and their blogs, hope you liked it. Thanks for reading ( that would include Heather =) )




















No comments: