Monday, July 21, 2008

I Try To Hard

I cant help but think latley that I try to hard to be a friend or more specificaly remind people that I am there for them. Not so much my friends here in town but my out of state friends. I need to remind myself at times that I have only known some of then for short periods of time. The majority of them have life long friends, friends that are close to them location wise or just dont have someone who smothers them.

I cant put my finger on it as to why I get like this at times. Maybe its the fear of rejection, or that I didnt have a whole lot of friends growing up. If Im not there for my friends Ill lose them.

None of my friends have ever said anything to me like I need to back off or they dont need me or my advice, I just get this way.

This too shall come to pass.

Sorry for the downer post. Was alone at work and there are times lately that I dont like being alone.

Ill have a much brighter post the next time

2 comments:

Merry in Japan said...

try moving half way around the world..then you can see who your real friends are..the ones that come to visit..just kidding! I know how it feels to sometimes think you have been forgotten or alone. Looking forward to catching up when we get back. Maybe we can come over for dinner :-)

librarianchick said...

there have been so many times I've felt like I've been forgotten or I'm trying too hard to stay friends. I recently told a couple of friends I'd supported them and they needed to check in on me once in a while...how's that for being honest? all I can say is your friendship and support is much appreciated.