Sunday, July 13, 2008

Im bummed

Before I start, this is my 50th post woo hoo. I think most of the 50 have come since the first of this year.

Ok back to me being bummed. The group from the 30s got together and pitched in money to buy our friend Joe a gift certificate. Why the gift certificate? Well a week ago Joe did a very noble and heroic act. He donated bone marrow to help a little girl in her fight for life. He'll downplay as it was no big deal and anybody wouldve done it. Well most people might but not everybody is signed up for the National Marrow Donor Program ( I have been since '06 )

I read the thread that Joe started on the board about him not knowing what to say in response to the kind gesutre that the group did. The same day I read the thread, I got the email about donating to Joe's gift. Gee Im so glad I got an email after the fact. Sure the "group" mightve done this but "I" wasnt able to donate so therefore I dont feel that I did my share. I consider Joe a friend and I feel bad that I wasnt able to contribute. Ive always contributed when I could to peoples gifts when I was informend about them before hand. Maybe Ill just do something on my own for Joe. The least I can do is buy my buddy a beer the next time I see him. Ill get over this but it just kinda sucks!

Sorry this was such a downer post but if you read it, thanks for taking the time to read it!

6 comments:

sneakersister said...

Hey, at least you got an email. I didn't even get that. Hopefully Joe knows that we all care about him and his good deed, even if we were unable to contribute for whatever reason.

Kris said...

Aw, Frankie, I'm sorry I did not notice that you were not on the email distribution. I don't have Jill's email but I do know both of yours. All the emails went to my work account so I did not have the time to look closely at the list to see who might be missing. Melis even asked us to forward the email to others who might want in. It was a simple matter of Melis not having your email handy and nobody else realizing you weren't on the list. It wasn't a snub. :-)

Frankie said...

Kris,

I know it was an oversight and I never thought it was a snub. I just feel that even though it came from the group and I am a part of the group that because I didnt contribute monetarily that I didnt have a part in it. Im not sure if that makes sense to anybody but thats how I feel.

Elizabeth said...

Heh.. don't feel bad, Frankie. I also didn't know about Joe's gift until his post on the boards.

I'm with you.. we'll buy the boy some drinks or something. I'm sure he'll be appreciative, regardless. :)

CactusTri said...

I'm in the same boat as a few others. Course it is my own fault since I don't post all that regularly these days, it is easy for folks to overlook me.

Joe said...

Hey folks - catching up here with blogs and stuff.

As they say, don't worry about it guys :) Your kind words were more than enough - the gift cert was completely unexpected