Monday, July 07, 2008

My friends and their blogs

Well now that I am home I can work on that the one kinda cool idea I had for a blog entry. THe idea came to me sometime last week. Looking at my friends blog list I got the idea to post how I met the person, how long ive known the person and share a pic of that person if I had one. Seeing as how have 13 people listed, im going to split the group into 3. Ill work one the first 1/3 now.

The first blogger on my list is Merry Hammes ( 12 on 12 ). I met her over 20 years ago when we were teenagers bowling in the same league on Saturday mornings. I only have one friendship that goes back even further than Merry's and mine. Merry was also my first girlfriend way back then. Sadly I dont have any pics of us together or even one of her thats scanned.

The second friend on my list is Stephen Andert ( CactusTri ). Stephen and I are part of a group ( 30 Somethings ) on a running message board ( KickRunners ). He and I met for the first time in Janaury '07 at the RnR Marathon expo in downtown Phoenix. This is a pic of me,Robiah and Stephen taken in February of this year in Apache Junciton after a running race we all ran in.


The third blogger on my list is Stacy otheriwse known as Dankinia on Kick. Its rather ironic that she has been a pat of our board for over a year and she is the member of our group that lives closest to me ( 10 miles ) but I have yet to meet here\ WIth her working nights and such its hard to set a time were we can get together anc actualy meet. Im hoping sometime soon


My fourth friend on the list is Joe Arcilla ( Just Squarely Joe ) Yet another memeber of the 30s group from Kick. Joe was actualy the first member of the 30s that I met. I was running a half marathon in San Jose, CA in Oct of '06. Unbeknownst to me Joe had posted on the board that he was planning on coming down from Napa Valley to cheer me on. I was having trouble towards the end of the race when I heard soemone call out my name. I thought who in the hell knows me up here. THen Joe said who he was. Tht was the little bit of a pick me up I needed to get me to the finish line that day. I talked with him briefly after teh race but had to hurry off to catch a plane home. Joe has been there for all 3 of my half marathons in one form or another. I need to plan my retunr to half marathons with him there. I dont want to break the streak :) This pic was taken of Joe, me, Beth and Kris ( both of whom Ill talk about in the next installment ) just prior to the start of the Flying Pig Half Marathon in 07. One of my favorite races!
























Well that about wraps it up for this addition, Ill share more tomorrow. As always, thanks for reading

5 comments:

sauconRunner said...

Very cool idea, Frankie. But you don't have my blog on your list :( sauconrunner.blogspot.com

Kris said...

Frankie, this is a great idea! I may steal it for myself, though I will be sure to give you proper credit.

Joe said...

Agreed, agreed - terrific idea! It's fun to read about that history and reminisce a bit

Merry in Japan said...

I have to say I am really mad at you right now... you have been reading my blog for a year now and I never knew you had one...thanks for sharing. Now, when I get home I am going to find a picture of us from way back then and post it.

Frankie said...

Merry,

If you look at my blog history, I really didnt have much to say in the first year or so I had my blog. Its only been this year and the last few months that I have been really active with it. Im looking foward to seeing you all when you get home from Japan.