Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weight loss

It seems as though the weight loss thread on the board has lost some steam and nobody is interested currently in posting on it. So I figured Id discuss my weight loss journey here.

I decided at the first of the year that I was going to set a goal of losing weight. I weighed in at 204 lbs to start the year. I want to weigh 175 lbs by my 37th birthday which is December 18th. In order to do that some things had to change and I needed to break down my goal into smaller attainable goals. First off I, I needed to cut down or cut out the soda intake. Second I needed to make better food decisions and include more fresh fruits and vegetables in my diet. Third by breaking my weight loss goal into two segments I thought it would be easier to attain.

With a starting weight of 204 and a goal of 175, thats 29 lbs to lose. Well Im not ocd but I needed a round number. So I opted to go with 30 lbs. The first small goal was to lose 15 of those lbs by June 18th. Well with some of the things that transpired in the early part of the year ( primarily my grandfather being diagnosed and dying of cancer ) eating and drinking right werent a priority. Still I managed to lose 7 lbs by June 18th. Not quite the 15 I wanted to its better than none. Since June 18th I have proceeded to get back on track and lose an additional 9 lbs ( 8 of it coming off since June 30th ) Im a little behind but I am remaining optmisitic.

Ive seen some major changes with the loss of these 16 lbs. Im needing to wear a belt in order to keep my shorts from falling off. The belt is on its last notch were as just 6-9 months ago it was on the second notch in from the end. My tool belt at work had to be cinched up as it was trying to fall off and my wedding band wants to fall off my finger now. Of course im too cheap and bit apprehensive to go buy new clothes because there it always the lingering fear of if I gain the weight back my clothes wont fit anymore. But at this rate im going to need to do something . Plus as Debbie says, I need to wear stuff that shows the weight loss off. We shall see.

I also know that I need to start doing some cardio work because at some point ( as it has in the past ) without exercise the weight loss will plateau. Plus if I want to return to running at the first of the year, I need to get my cardio back up.

So tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel for the next update on my weight loss journey.

Thanks for reading

3 comments:

Mary said...

Woohooo!! Accountability!!! :)

So, Frankie, what's the one thing you are going to do differently this week that's going to help you?

Frankie said...

Ive been floundering thus far. I was just saying to myself this morning that Ive been slacking on the fruits and veggies this week. Need to get off arse and go to the store and buy some.

Zeolite said...

Hi Frankie Good for you! I've gone ALMOST totally vegan and almost all raw for the past 2 weeks. Now I need to get up and move a bit!
If you are looking for some motivation (to share and receive I would love it if you considered adding your blog to our community so other readers can find what you have to say.

Here's the link. I hope to see you there.
http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings,
Shelley