Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Months and Counting...

On January 25th I last drank a Coke. Two whole months ago. Hard to believe Ive gone that long without one. The first month was probably the hardest. This second month hasnt been so bad. I think one of my hardest challenges was when I would go to a fast food restauraunt and have to decide what to drink and stops at convenience stores. Initialy when I first stopped drinking soda I found myself paying the extra money for a bottle of water when I ate out. Now I just get unsweetened tea. 98% of the time I add nothing to it. When it comes to conveince stores I either get a bottle of water, Gatorade ( either a bottle or from the fountain ) or again tea. I found since I stopped drinking soda I stop far less frequently at stores to and from work. Now if I can just stop eating out so much =)

They say it takes 90 days to break a hbit, well Im 60 days into it. Im not sure what the time frame is for kicking an addiction but Im I think Im well into that time frame too. WIsh me luck as I continue down this road!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Good for you, Frankie! Did you see the post that Erin (Wippy) made about how many calories and $ that her Coke habit cost her per year? If I hadn't already given up sugared soda (and rarely drink even diet anymore), that would totally have made me do it.