Thursday, March 19, 2009

Facebook

Ive been thinking about this for some time and while I had a few minutes I thought id jot some facts and figures down.

Ive been a memeber of Facebook for about 6 months or so. SInce I joined I have become friends with 107 people

Out of the 105 actual people ( two of my "friends" listed are groups I belong to )
Ive met 90 of these people in real life.
58 of my friends are from Kickrunners, 15 of which I have never met in person
5 of my Facebook friends are family
32 of my FB friends live in Arizona
Of my 105 FB friends I have only seen 24 of them in the last 6 months ( not counting my family members )
Its been more than 6 months but less than a year since Ive seen 7 of them
Its been more than a year but less than 5 since Ive seen 43 of them
Its been more than 5 but less than 10 since Ive seen 9 of them ( sadly my best friend and his wife are amongst those 9. Theyve never seen Tyler in real life )
And I actualy have 9 friends who I havent seen in more than 10 years ( 6 of them live here in Arizona )

Heres kind of an odd stat. Out of those FB friends who I have met in the last 3 years ( basicaly since joining Kickrunners ) I have only been around 22 of those people more than once.

Im not sure what it all means. I just had it in my mind and had some time today to sit down and run some numbers. I think I need to get out more and do something ( especialy with more of my friends lol ) Some of my friends are just so far away geograpicaly its hard to do anything with them. Others are here in the valley but we just never seem to be able to hook up.

Ill have something more exciting to talk about next time =)

3 comments:

Kris said...

I think it would be too depressing for me to do that same sort of numeric analysis...

Frankie said...

It was kind of depressing for me. Not sure why I did it. At least you are one of those far away friends who I have seen more than once =)

Merry In America said...

That seems pretty depressing...not sure I want to figure out my numbers.