Monday, March 23, 2009

Hockey Night In Arizona

Around Christmas time I was poking around the Phoenix Coyotes website and found an adult hokcey clinic offered by the Coyotes. For 50 bucks you got a tour of the locker rooms, training facilities and a 90 minute session out on the Jobbing.Com arena with former NHL players. Plus on top of that you got a jersey and a lower level ticket to a future Coyotes game. Sign me up!


Fast foward to this past Friday the 20th. It was time to suit up, lace 'em up tight and hit the ice. I didnt have huge expectations as its been several years since I played ice hokcey. It was a blast. We did power skating drills, stick handling and passing drills and then 3 on 3 games. I was spent by the end of the time on the ice but it left me thirsting for more hockey playing. I had been thinking about signing up for an inline league at RollerPlex but this solidifies the deal. Nothing hurt out of the orindary after my skate and just a few days later im over the little bit of soreness I had.
A shot from Friday night...

That would be me right in the middle of the pic


2 comments:

Teena said...

Just refering to your profile.... when you do figure it all out can you let me know?

Great blog. I enjoyed having a read with a cuppa.

Merry In America said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Hey, maybe it is time to remove Mitch's blog and add my American blog to your list. www.thehammesclan.blogspot.com