Monday, March 02, 2009

One Year Ago...

One of my biggest heroes in life left this world. It was on this date one year ago that my maternal grandfather passed away. He and I were very close. I felt very fortunate to still have him in my life with me being 36 years old. Im also very glad that he lived long enough to see my two kids born and that he got to spend time with them. Sarah and Tyler were old enough and spent enough time around him that they will remember him.

I thought of him often when Debbie, my parents and I traveled to New Jersey for my aunts birthday a week or so ago. All the trips that I took with him back there in the summer when I was a kid. All the sights and people I wouldnt have experienced if it werent for him. It was hard at times while I was back there. It made me sad at times. Plus seeing some of my older family that I know what be with us much longer. Just reminds me the clock is ticking and I need to try to live life to its fullest while Im still here.

Love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Kris said...

This is a nice post in remembrance of your grandfather. :)

Joe said...

That was very sweet, Frankie - I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful relationship with your grandpa