Friday, March 13, 2009

A Return to Running?

I have been in an exercise/workout funk since I came home from Philly. Physicaly I feel fine, I just havent made it to the Y. I made a comment on the board the other day that I needed a kick in the ass, that I had no motivation. I got some support from the gang. Maya made a point to tell me I had till today to put up a return to running plan on the board. The plan wasnt in question, I just needed a little push in that direction. So I put it out there. I plan on starting the C25k plan next week and I have a 5k picked out to run on May 23rd. Maybe now that Debbie FINALLY went back to the podiatrist and got her new orthotics she can return to running and we can do the 5k together. We shall see.

In other news, Im still Coke/Pepsi free. Its been oever a month and a half since I had one. Everyday I go without one is a record for me as Ive never gone this long without one since my pre teen years. I have found that I am beginning to like unsweetened tea, who woulda thunk =)

2 comments:

Joe said...

Congrats on the soda success. I had gotten to that point too but managed to kick the notion that I HAD to have it last year.

And as far as getting back to running, good for you. I've found the hardest thing isn't necessarily getting back into shape but just getting out there and doing it again

sneakersister said...

Great job with kicking soda out of your diet!! The longer you don't drink it the better you'll feel. I promise.

May 23rd. Okay! Now get out there. I'm keeping my eye on you.