Monday, October 20, 2008

T Minus 2 months and counting

Well I jumped on the scale Saturday morning as it was the 18th and two months till my birthday. I had lost .6 from when I was on the scale Monday. Its a step in the right direction.

At this point I am 15 lbs from my goal. That means I have to lose 7.5 lbs a month in the next two months. This is were my half empty nature gets going. Im trying to remain positive but its getting harder. In the grand scheme of things, even if I dont make my goal, I wont consider this journey a failure. Since the 1st of the year Ive lost 14 lbs ( had dopped 18 at one point but hit a rough spell ) Ive dropped at least two inches in my waist and ive had people actualy comment on my weight loss. All good things. So even if I dont make the goal of losing 30 lbs, there are still plenty of positives to outweigh the one negative.

Dont get me wrong, im not throwing in the towel. Im going to continue the fight. Ive still got pounds to lose and time to do it =)

2 comments:

Stephen said...

CONGRATS on your progress so far. I've put 20 on since IMAZ, but lost 2 in the past 3 days since I started running a bit again. Keep working on it. If you treat it as a lifestyle change instead of a "diet", you can maintain and even lose over time.

Mary said...

You and me, Frankie. . .you and me. . .

we can do this!

:)