Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More cowbell and the Transfomer's song

With the amount of time we spend in the car a day ( a minimum of 2 hours ) music is very important to my family. Actualy its always beem important to Debbie but its taking on a new or different meaning for the kids and I. Im resistant to change when it comes to my choice in music so Im pretty much stuck in the 80s with a splash of the 90s and today thrown in. Its not unusual for my kids to sing along to and enjoy Styx, Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkson, Nickelback etc. Today as a matter of fact Tyler was singing along to Joan Jett and The Blackheart's I Love Rock and Roll.

Lately, once a song is over, Tyler will ask the name of the song and the artist. Sometimes he gives me the reponse of "correct Daddy" or there are times when we get to Amy's house ( T's baby sitter ) he will inform her of what he was listening to.

On our way to T-ball practice we were listening to Blue Oyster Cult's Dont Fear The Reaper. I guess I never really paid attention to how much cowbell is played in that song. I mean ive always heard the joke about "more cowbell" but never paid it much attention. The sound of the cowbell brought me back to near the finish line in Philly when Lori was banging away on Colleen's cowbell at last years Marathon/Half Marathon. Hard to believe its been a year since I was back there and saw all those people.

The next song that was played was Linkin Park's "What Ive Done" Good song as most are from Linkin Park. When the song was over Tyler asked me, daddy what was that song. When I told him he told me "no, thats the Transformers song. At first I was a bit puzzled and then I remembered he had seen the Transformer's movie at Amy's house and it mustve been in the movie. Sure enough after some Google searching I found the soundtrack and the songs and artists and there it was. Smart little shit =)

Well this entry was a much better one compared to yesterdays. Guess I just needed more cowbell =+D

No comments: