Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Positives and Negatives with my weight loss

Ok, so I got on the scale on Monday. I definately didnt like what I saw. I could very easily blame my shitty ( yes I skipped bad and poor ) eating and drinking choices on being depressed over the loss of Shiver the week before. No, thats not fair to my dog, I was just an idiot last week. Why am I so harsh on myself, I gained 3 lbs in a week's time. Ugh.

I know my good friend Kris will say it was just one moment in time and it will pass. This I know, Im just mad at myself.

Moving on to better things. I got paid a compliment today. While I was at the Peoria central office today, an equipment installer that I havent seen in more than a year noticed I had lost weight. He struck up a brief conversation asking me what I was doing differently, was I exercising, etc. I just told him I was trying to make better choice in what I was cramming in my pie hole and yes, I was exercising more. He told me he had quit smoking but had gained weight once he did. I said yeah, the food actualy tasted good now that you werent smoking, he laughed.

While Im thinking about it, I took a piece of info that Kris shared on Kick about a website she uses through about.com thats a calorie counting website. Just in the two days I have entered my caloric intake I can see why losing weight can be a challenge for me. According to the website, Im supposed to be consuming 2100 calories a day. Yesterday I took in 3200. Today, ill be lucky if I took in 1600. I nneed to get more consistent in my intake.

Thats about it for now. Only about 2 1/4 months to go, wish me luck on my remaining journey.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hey, you stole my line! ;-)

Joe said...

Well, just think of it as a long term journey, Frankie. At least you've gotten some motivation to fuel your short term efforts.

And BTW, those pics of Tyler in the post prior are great