Monday, August 18, 2008

Weight Loss

It was that time again, to hit the scale again. At least I dont dread it anymore. I kinda look foward to it, especialy when it shows a loss. Well it showed a loss today. Granted it was only .2 lbs, but as I tell Debbie all the time, its still a loss.

I thought I did ok last week although I did some stress eating as our contract at work was about to expire on Sautrday and there was ( and still is ) some uncertainty that goes along with it. Its not like I hit the couch with a quart of ice cream but I probably ate some things that I havent been eating much of lately.

There have been many positives that have come with the dropping of tonnage as Voodoo Joe likes to say on the board. While we were at Target last night I mentioned to Debbie that I wanted to pick up a new pair of running/workout shorts and a new shirt. I asked her if I should just stick with the xl stuff I am accustomed to. She said no, go with the large. So I reluctantly did. When I got home I tried the stuff on. Surprisingly they were comfy. Ive always been the type that likes my clothes loose fitting and baggy. The new shirt and shorts were just about right. Not too tight and has a bit of looseness to it. Right on. Guess if I keep up the keep this up, I might have to go buy smaller clothes.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Woohoo!!!!

Now that's worth some celebrating. Although, I do admit that just buying new clothes is worth celebrating too, sometimes.

I step on that scale tomorrow. Let's see - after a week of vacationing with my in-laws (read fudge, cookies, donuts and other assorted lovely things) I'll be happy if I'm not up 5 pounds. :)

I did go grocery shopping today though and have tons of fresh fruit and veggies and some ingredients for some great WW meals!

Kris said...

Sorry about the work stress, hope you have a contract soon. As for getting smaller, definitely you should get well-fitting clothes. Too baggy looks dumpy. :-)

Stephen said...

Great job Frankie! I need to get my running going again as that will help my numbers start back down.

Good luck with the work situation.