Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weight loss

I completely forgot to give an update last week on my ongoing journey to losing 25 lbs by my birthday in December.

The week prior to last I kinda fell off the eating and drinking right bus and got run over by said bus. When I stepped on the scale on Monday Aug 4th, I was surprised at what was looking up at me. Even with the bad choices I made ( and the tire tracks from the bus =) ) I still lost 1 lb from the previous week.

This past week I was a bit more focused, ate better and upped my water intake. The result when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning? 1.4 lbs lost.

I kinda questioned the scale even though it is a 100 dollar unit. So I asked Debbie to weigh in this a.m as I knew she was going to her Weight Watchers meeting at lunch and would weigh there. Only a .2 lb difference between what she weighed this morning and at lunch on a different scale. Ok so the scale isnt full of shit and im losing that much weight. Much to Debbies dismay cuz Im not as dilligent but im losing more weight weekly.

She shouldnt get discouraged though as she is still losing weight weekly. Im very proud of her for sticking with this. I know she has mentioned that boredom with only drinking water ( she's gone over a month not drinking soda ) and with eating alot of the same foods all the time. We have got some recipes from a WW book or two and are going to try some of them.

So as it stands now, since Jan 1st I have lost 18 lbs. That puts me at 186 lbs. Hell since I saw several of you in Madison over Memorial Day weekend I know I have dropped at least 10 lbs since then. I am the lightest I have been in years. Im not sure the last time I weighed this little as I didnt step on many scales in my 20s. I am trying to get motivated to get going on regular exercise as I know this weight wont drop just by continuing to eat right, I need exercise too.

Wish me ( and Debbie ) continued success on this journey, and as always thanks for stopping by and reading.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome job on the weight loss, Frankie! Both for you and the missus!