Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy running anniversary to me

It was 3 years ago today that I started running.

There really was no cause for celebration as I have run a total of 5 miles this year.

I took time off after I ran the Philadelphia Half Marathon with several of my friends from Kickrunners. I was having back and hip problems and I wanted to give myself time to heal. I did 3 months of PT for my back earlier this year. My back and hip were starting to feel better then I wound up with a protruding disc in my neck. On top of that I was beginning to have knee problems. Gee the whole point of taking time off from running was to heal. Ive felt worse since I stopped running. My neck is feeling better after the previously talked about epidural shots. Today I go for a follow up on my left knee. Im sure the Dr will have me get a brace for my right knee now. Another 8 weeks of wearing that and hopefully if this old jallopy doesnt have another break down, I will start C25k.

Im looking foward to a new start with my running. Im nervous, anxious, scared, excited its all there. Im confident things will go well once I return to running. Hopefully next year Ill have a lot more to celebrate on my 4th anniversary of running

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary Frankie!!!

Mary

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary! :)