Thursday, August 06, 2009

Personal Challenge

Over the summer we had a weight loss challenge over on Kickrunners. We had the option of going in money wise or just playing along with no cash incentive. I just played along . THings started off well and I had lost 6-8 lbs from the start of the contest in mid April till about the middle of May when my SIL passed away. After Loris passing I went into a tail spin of not eating right, drinking Coke again =( and not working out. Needless to say I gained the weight back I had lost and managed to tack on a few more pounds. The weight loss challenge eneded Monday and my buddy Lori was the big cash jackpot winnah. Everybody in the contest was a winner in my eyes as they all lost weight ( all except me ).

But was is this challenge you speak of? Here it is

I am traveling to the Outer Banks of North Carolina three months from today for a meetup with about 20 of the folks from Kick. We are doing the OBX Marathon and Half Marathon. When I last saw most of these folks I was at least anywhere from 5-8 lbs lighter than I am now. My challenge to myself is to lose 15 lbs between now and Thursday Nov 5 when I travel back there. I dont think 5 lbs a month is too far out of reach.

How am I going to do that you ask?

To start I need to start making bood food, drink and snack choices. Cut out the pop ( again ), more water, fruits and vegetables and limit the fast food.

Second I am signing up for a Boot Camp class at the Y which starts in a little over a week. I am nervous about that though. Not so much that I cant do it. After emailing Alexis yesterday she mentioned that in her boot camp classes she has some different types of jumping involved. I have found that my herniated disc gives me issues after jumping, we shall see.

Even though I am walkng the half marathon in OBX, I still need to train for it. So 4 days a week of walking will help with the weight loss as will some cross training.

I really hope by following this plan I will reach my goal of dropping the tonnage ( as my recently departed friend Joe used to say ) Only time will tell.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: