Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ah the memories...

Last night was Sky View's annual Back to School/First Skate night at Great Skate. Sarah loves roller skating so we go a couple of times a year to one of the roller rinks here. We made it a family affair as Debbie and Tyler were their too. Tyler decided he didnt want to get out on the rink so Debbie worked with him off the rink. Sarah, Amy, Courtney and I all headed out and joined the masses of grade school kids and parents out on the rink. Sarah found one of her best freinds so I was left to do my out on the floor. Whats funny about Great Skate is thats its been ther for over 25 years and it really hasnt changed much. The rows of multicolored lights on the ceiling, the disco balls and the big glowing bulbs too. Even the paint hasnt changed other than some fresh coats since I went there the first time back in '83. Sure they arent playing Another One Bites The Dust, Whip It and some of the classic 80s tunes but its pretty much still the same expericence. Gotta love it. The kids had a good time as did I. Looking foward to the next time we go skating.

1 comment:

Merry In America said...

when I drive by there, I remember all the good times too...maybe we can join you guys next time!