Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting Back To Something I Really Love

So yesterday afteroon I did something spontaneous. I went and signed up for a hockey league that actualy started that afternoon. I had been thinking about if for a while but as usual I procrastinated. I actualy had called the rink earlier in the day to see if they had any open slots but they didnt bother to return my call. So about 430 yesterday afternoon I threw my hockey bag in the trunk of the car and headed to the rink. Sure enough when i got their I was told there was an opening on a team andthat the game was at 650. So I brought my bag in to the rink and watched a couple of hockey game before heading to the locker room and getting suited up.

I was nervous as I didnt know any of the guys I was playing with. Plus add in the fact Im not in shape, havent played in about 5 years and then theirs that little issue with the disc in my neck not being right. I went out and warmed up and then it was time to drop the puck. I wasnt out their for the drop of the puck as I was one of the 3 subs. The game went pretty good for the first two periods. I played well ( its not like I forgot how to play ) wasnt out of position and had some good scoring opportunities. In the end we wound up tied but won the shootout after the game.

I was sore this morning but that was to be expected. My neck doesnt feel any different from other days when I do something strenous so I guess things are ok. Next game is at 745 this Sunday night.

2 comments:

Merry In America said...

where r u playing??

Frankie said...

Im playing at RollerPlex which is on 75th Ave just south of Bell. My next game is this Sunday at 745 and they last 45 minutes or so.