Wednesday, February 04, 2009

February already?

Wow Janaury came and went really fast. It just seems like yesterday we were just celebrating the new year and now its February 4th. The Super Bowl came and went. Congrats to the Steelers on winning a record 6th Super Bowl. Congrats to the hometown Arizona Cardinals for making it to their first Super Bowl. Maybe the next time they make it the refs wont decide the game for them.

Debbies and my 12th anniversary is Sunday. Not sure what the plan is. We were talking about waiting until April to go to Vegas for the drag race up there as a way to get some alone time and celebrate our anniversary. Think we will at least go out to dinner Sunday after a meeting at church.

I didnt quite do two things I wouldve liked last month. I was hoping to read a book a month this year. I have about 4 started from last year but havent sat down and finished any of them yet. Guess I need to get 2 books read this month.

I also wanted to write 10 blogs a month. Last year I had 108 entries in my blog. Id like to see that up to 120. Not sure of the signifgance of the number, I just thought 10 blog entries in a 30 day period of time isnt mush. As much as I run my mouth on any given do I should be able to put something down on paper.

I havent had a Coke or Pepsi since January 25th. The first week was a bit rough with a major headache and haivng difficulty making a drink choice when I went to Burger King and McDs last week but I made it. Between Sarah telling me I couldnt make it a month and then Debbie telling me she didnt understand why I was going to quit for a onth and then start back up. I dont plan on starting back up. I want to continue down this road of no soda. I told Debbie im like an alcoholic when it comes to drinking Coke. I cant drink it in moderation. There is just noe 1 Coke a day for me. If I drink one, I have to have several the rest of the day. So we shall see how it goes.

Thats about if for now, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm not going to say that giving up soda is easy, because it sure is NOT! I'm been soda free for almost a year now =) You just have to put your mind to it and NOT give up no matter how hard the day was ;) I will support anything you do (well, almost anything)....love ya!

Stephen said...

Happy Anniv! Congrats on 12 years!

Don't force yourself to "catch up" the missed Jan book. Just focus on doing Feb and if you have time, you can work on Jan.

Congrats on the soda-elimination plan. Stick to it, the rewards are worth it (as I keep telling myself when I try to start cutting back).