Sunday, February 08, 2009

Happy Anniversary

It was on this day in 1997 that my wife and I exchanged vows and became husband and wife. It was a beautiful ceremony at All Saint's Espiscopal church in Phoenix, Arizona. We were surrounded by family and friends and had a great time. Well except for that little part of the photographer not showing up =) Lesson learned, dont hire your parent's neighbor as a photographer. After exchanging vows and having pictures taken by friends and family we made our way to the reception at the Wyndham Hotel. We were very fortunate that our d.j. happened to have a photographer friend who was available and agreed to come to the reception and take pictures of the wedding party. They turned out beautiful. The only downfall about it was that we were taken away from the reception for an hour. Some people came and went and we didnt get to visit with those people. Such is life. We did all the traditional reception stuff and then had a little fun on a friend who caught the garter. After we sat Donna down ( she caught the boquet ) we blinfolded Ray gave him the garter to put on Donna's leg. Well while he was getting ready to do that, I was waiting in the wings with my shoe and sock off and my pant leg rolled up. I then swapped places with Donna. Imagine Ray's surprise when we took the blindfold off and there I sat with the garter up around mid thigh =) Good times. All in all everybody had a great time. I wouldnt change the way our wedding turned out one bit.

No comments: