Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1 Month and Counting

This day on the calendar, Feb 25th, marks a milestone for me. I last had a Coke or Pepsi on the 25th of January. I have never gone a month without drinking a Coke or Pepsi. I guess it took a dear sweet 7 year old to finally convince me that now was the time to stop drinking pop. When Sarah told me a month ago that I couldnt go a month without drinking one. Well here it is a month later and I havent had one. Debbie spouted that whats the point of going a month without one when Ill just drink one the next day. Well thats the next challenge. To continue on without drinking pop. We shall see how it goes.

I got to thinkin', If I order a rum and coke at a bar, does that count as having a soda? Not that ive had a rum and coke in the last month, I was just curious.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yep, it counts. So skip the rum and coke and go straight to the tequila shots.

Congrats on the month. :) Pick a new target date, like someone's birthday or something. Then when you get to that date, extend it again. It's kinda like running and you get tired, you make bargains with yourself to keep running to the next tree, the next mile, etc.

Merry In America said...

Good job!! Every year Mitch makes a New Years resolution to not drink soda...one year he made it to April.