Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Week and Counting and Thinking about Grandpa

Just one week from today at about this time Ill be almost toucing down in Atlanta on my way to Trujillo, Peru for our church mission trip. We are really looking foward to it. I know this weekend we will be really busy trying to tie up last minute details, starting to pack etc. I dont think the kids even know that we are going away and that our friend Kari is watching them. They will soon enough. I think Tyler will have the hardest time with us being gone. He's not quite as independent as Sarah and is like me in the sense that he's pretty sensitive and loves being around his mommy and daddy. We shall see how it goes.

Ive been thinking about my grandfather alot these last few weeks. Since Lori's passing it seems my grandfather has been in my thoughts more latley. Branden and I were talking about going to get tattoos together while he was here. He's going to get something to honro Lori and I am going to get something to honor grandpa. There are times were I want to ask grandpa more questions about his experiences during WWII. There just isnt anybody around anymore that can answer my questions like him. I never met anyone from his unit and am not sure if any of them are alive anymore. The reason that WWII comes to mind in regrads to him is I think I am goign to have his 8th Armored unit patch as part of my tattoo to honor him. Not quite sure what else I am going to do with it. Maybe his name, birth year and year of his death around in. I guess Ill figutre out something.

Wow two blog entries in 3 days, Im on a roll =)

2 comments:

Kris said...

Have fun getting ready for the trip!

If you have the time, what about writing little notes for Sarah and Tyler for them to read, one for each day you will be gone? It could be a nice countdown to your return as well, sort of like how an Advent calendar counts down to Christmas.

Frankie said...

Very cool idea Kris! I might just have to do that.