Monday, November 24, 2008

Numbers, they keep a changing

Well I got on the scale this morning, and for the 3rd week in a row I gained weight. I just cant seem to get a handle on what Im putting in my mouth. Dont get me wrong Im not plopping down on the couch and eating a quart of ice cream. I know my soda consumption is back up to were it doesnt need to be. Along with that comes the Hersey or Snickers bar that gets purchased along with the soda instead of a NutriGrain or Trail Mix bar. Im not sure if its stress or depression eating. I dont feel either stressed or depressed but I cant figure out whats wrong.

Im still 11 lbs down from the beginning of the year but nowere near the 30 lbs I wanted to drop. Maybe that was too lofty or maybe an unrealistic goal for me. Maybe 20 lbs woulda been a better goal. Im not giving up but with Thanksgiving on Thusrday and the holidays coming up it makes it that much harder.

Only time will tell

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The true test is that you are still trying. You have passed so far. If the time comes you say "I don't care what the scale says" then you need to address that. Otherwise, you are making your way to a more healthy you. Keep it up man!