Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Its A Special Day

Today is November 4th, 2008. Election Day here in the USA. History will be made in one way or another tonight as we will either have our first African-American president or our first female vice president.

But thats not whats special about today.



Today is my grandfather's birthday. Had he not left us earlier this year, we would be celebrating his 84th birthday. Even though he is no longer with us, this date on the calendar will always be special. I love and miss my grandfather. I have many wonderful memories of him that I will always cherish. Im glad he lived long enough to see me grow up, marry and have two wonderful children. Im glad they got to spend time around him. They might not have had the chance to build as many memories with him but they are old enough that they will remember him for years to come.


This is a pic of me, the San Diego Padres Padre and grandpa just after he threw the first pitch of a San Diego Padres vs. Chicago Cubs spring training game in Peoria, AZ a couple of years ago. I entered grandpa in a contest through my work and he was selected to throw out the first pitch. He really loved it and I was glad he was able to do it.





3 comments:

Mary said...

(((((Frankie))))

Stephen said...

That is a great memory. Sometimes the good memories mingle side-by-side with the sadder ones. Enjoy the happier ones.

In related news, my maternal g'pa turns 80 next week. Probably will see him on Thanksgiving. He gave us a scare earlier this year, but snapped back with style.

Kris said...

I like that photo. :) Thank you for sharing your story about your grandpa.