Friday, December 26, 2008

So That Was Christmas

Well another Christmas has come and gone. I have to admit, this was probalby my least favorite Christmas yet. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed watching the faces of Tyler and Sarah as they opened all their presents. Debbie enjoyed her gifts as well. I must say I made out like a bandit.

So whats my problem you ask?

Having to leave Debbie and the kids to get to work by 830 for starters. Then having to actualy work while I was there instead of collecting my double time and a half 8 hours for doing nothing. These were petty things. The real truth of the matter was, for 9 hours I was by myself and had a lot fo time to think about things, namely my grandfather passing away and not being here for this Christmas. This was my first Christmas without him. I had 36 with him and this first time without him hurt. Ive been in a funk the last 3 months due to my HRT starting to wear off and now Christmas came and went without grandpa.

Ill be ok. I have some fun things to look foward to in the next week or so. Im traveling to San Diego next Tuesday to meetup with Chris "DuckGeek" Butler from our board to attend the Holiday Bowl as his guest. Theres a possibility that Kristi "kjboston" will come down from Irvine to meet the two of us. Then I come home and attend the Coyotes vs. Avalanche NHL on New Years Eve. The bitchin thing about that is that I got front row, on the glass seats for the game. Way cool! Then after the game itll be off to the Tippery's for their annual NYE block party. I can drink and not worry about driving that night as my dad is loaning us his motorhome and we are going to park it by Doug and Beths house so we can go and crash after the party.

So life isnt so bad, just hit another one of its potholes. Ill pick myself up, dust myself off and press on.

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

Kris said...

(((Frankie)))