Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Me and My Guy

On Sunday Dec 6th, Sarah and I traveled to Lake Pleasant for a Girl Scout Me and My Guy fishing trip. The activities for the morning lncluded a pancake breakfast, a short hike, arts and crafts and of course fishing. Sarah and I were the first father/daughter combo to arrive dark and early that morning.





The weather that morning wasnt all the pleaseant as it was cold and windy. With that in mind I was beginning to wonder who schedules a fishing trip in December. We started the morning with a turn at the nail art booth were Sarah and I took a piece of square plywood, some nails, hammer and some multicolored twine and made a heart for mommy. After that it was time for some fishing. No luck catching anything but the bottom of the lake and me losing a brand new lure. We then headed to our pancake and hot chocolate breakfast. After that it was bracelt art and the short little hike on a trial just above the shorline. After that we retunred to fishing were our luck hadnt changed but at least this time I didnt lose any tackle.



Kylie, Maya and Sarah



Sarah doing her nail art



The three girls on the hiking trail




After having no luck with fishing, Keith, Kylie's dad, suggested we head to a small municipal park were the fishing was alot better. Pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel. So off we went. I wasnt able to fish at the park as I didnt have an urban fishing license but I had more fun watching Sarah and Kylie fishing. After 30-46 minutes Sarah caught her fish ever fish, a ssmall sunfish/bluegill. Not to long after that we decided to call it a day, headed over to Subway and had lunch.



Sarah fishing at Rio Vista







Sarah and Kylie with the catch of the day






Keith and I cleaning up




The early morning start mustve got to Sarah as she passed out on the way home. I kinda wish she stayed asleep longer. It wasnt 20 minutes after we got home from our very special morning when she crashed on her bike. But thats a story for tomorrow

2 comments:

Kris said...

She will remember that day for a long time. :-)

Love the sunrise photos!

Merry In America said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!