Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Friends in higher places

Im not quite sure were I am going with us so bare with me. In the last year or so I have become friends with a few folks that have lost close friends who made significant impacts in their lives. Significant enough that it has made them who they are today. I consider myself lucky in that I have great friends in my life and fortunately have never lost of any of them. Did my friends have a signficant impact on my life? Maybe yes, maybe no. I might not have been able to experience some things in life with out them, got into some of the situations that I have without them and I even maybe even learned a thing or two from them. But to say they help shape me into the person I am today, not directly.

I can only imagine what that mustve been like. To have some one to encourage you, make you believe in yourself when you couldnt and even love you so much it hurt. Then tragicaly have that person torn away from you. I dont know what those of you out there believe happens after death. As the pastor said at my grandpa's funeral, its not goodbye, its see you later. Pause here as I start to get a bit teary eyed.... I'd like to think those friends of mine will one day see those special people from their lives again. Pausing again... Id wouldve liked the chance to shake those special friend's hands. If not for those people, I wouldnt have met a few really great people in the last year and been able to call them friends.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Geez, make me cry why don't ya! ;-) Seriously, thank you for that post.

Wipaddler said...

Yup... crying here too. This year has been a rough one. As bad as it sounds I can't wait to walk through those pearly gates... well I maybe some place warmer... I just can't wait to see my best friend and I know she's waiting for me with paddles in hand begging to catch some class fives.