Thursday, May 08, 2008

Dude, were'd the time go

I cant believe its the second week of May and the last time I blogged was April 16th. Man time has just gotten away from me. Then again, I havent been much in the mood to say much ( surprise, surprise )

Speaking of time going by, its hard to believe that its been a year since The Flying Pig Marathon. I was thinking about it the other day. Thinking it was just a year ago that I was in Cincinnati. Meeting up with such a wonderful group of my fellow 30s from Kick. Getting ready to set a PR in the HM. Having most excellent food and beer afterward. Not wanting that feeling to go away. A year later, many things have changed and some things have stayed the same. On the staying the same part, Im excited. I get to travel yet again more than half way across the country to see my friends from Kick. Some for the 2nd or 3rd time, and some for the very first time. Itll be a blast, even if Im not running ( not running being one of the many things that have changed ) Only two weeks from Friday I board a big ol jet airliner bound for the Windy City. Then a 2.5 hour drive with Nettie to Madison.

While on the subject of time going by, it blows me away that my little girl is just two weeks away from finishing 1st grade. Its not possible that shes 7 years old and almost 4 ft tall. Stop growing kid! Tyler is now 4 and just a little over a year away from starting Kindergarten. That will be nice as itll save us about 250 bucks a month by not paying full time daycare.

Well ive runout of things to say while im a half way good mood.

Fort those who read this, thanks for stopping by and looking foward to seeing a few of you in Madison!

5 comments:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

They do grow up fast, don't they? During mother's day yesterday, I had a nephew come up to me and I asked him how old he was. He answered five.

"Five? Aren't you three?" I asked him. He just kinda' smiled at me and shook his head

Kris said...

hi Frankie!

*waves*

CactusTri said...

Have a great trip. I'm jealous. I hope to go for a run with the MN crew later this summer when I go back there for my sisters wedding.

sneakersister said...

Enjoy the weekend!! It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.