I saw this meme over on Kris's blog and liked it, so I decided to answer the questions for myself. ( Im glad your writing more often again Kris )
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? The first thing that sticks out is my ministry trip to Peru. 2009 was probably the year that I felt the most direction from God in my life. From not understanding why my church would send a mission team to Peru in 07 and 08 to jumping in and going to Peru in 09 and getting more involved with the childrens ministry on Sundays, 09 was a big step for me in my journey with the Lord.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? As with any new year, '09 started out fairly well with better food choices, cutting back on
my Coke intake and exercising more consistently. But like they say all good things must come to an end. Around May with the passing of my sister in law, the wheels started falling off. I wasnt making good eating choices, the exercising went to crap and around the time my Peru trip started in June I was back to drinking soda. I never really got back on track and I still havent found my yet. I dont really have any goals for this new year other than to continuing my strengthen my relationship with God.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve? We went to a party at our friend's the Tipperys. This was the third year in a row for us although Debbie wound up staying home cuz Tyler wasnt feeling so well.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My sister in law Lori passed away unexpectedly in May and my running friend Joe passed away also unexpectedly in July.
5. What countries did you visit? Peru ( oh and I flew over Cuba, which was pretty cool )
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? The winning 100 million dollar Powerball ticket lol
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 10th, the day we landed in Peru. First time I had been south of the equator, first time to South America.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? It might sound kind of silly, but walking the OBX Half Marathon in a caveman suit and dreadlock wig in honor of my fallen friend Joe Truini
9. What was your biggest failure? Im not sure I had a failure but If I had to pick something it would be not being the parent, husband and friend I know Im capable of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just my lower back and hip for a time. Not so much now knock on wood
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing really stands out
12. Where did most of your money go? Bills and fast food =(
13. What song will always remind you of 2009? Not sure if there is a song that comes to mind
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Think before I react when it comes to responding to what the kids are doing, that and pray more often.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yell and scream at my kids ( kinda goes along with number 14
16. What was your favorite TV program? Deadliest Catch or anything on Discovery Channel
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
18. What was the best book you read? I started several last year but have yet to finish them. I think the one that stands out is The Shack
19. What was your greatest musical discovery? Air 1 Radio, and the bands Skillet and Third Day
20. What was your favorite film of this year? I didnt see a movie in the theaters in 09 that I recall.
21. What did you do on your birthday? Went to Red Lobster and had my favorite Alaskan King Crab legs
22. What kept you sane? Spending time with friends and family
23. Who did you miss? My grandpa and I missed seeing my running friends Kris, Beth and Joe.
24. Who was the best new person you met? While they werent new ( I "talk" to them most every day on Kickrunners ), I finally got to meet in person Kelly, Diane, Dan, Dave and Myron. I was so glad to make the trip to OBX and meet them ( along with seeing so many who I have met previously )
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: That no matter how bad we think we might have things. it can always be worse. After spending a week in poverty stricken Peru, we as Americans dont realize how truly good we have it even in these trying times.
2011 - The Finale
5 years ago