Saturday, March 08, 2008

See ya later Grandpa

As the pastor said today during my grandpa's funeral service today, its not goodbye, its see you later. We will see each other again. It was a beautiful and moving service. As expected their wasnt a dry eye at times and others we had a laugh or two. Itll be hard the next time I hear Taps again as they played it at the graveside portion of the service. It was especialy hard as the two members of the honor gaurd folded the flag and then presented it to my mom. It was somewhat fitting as two WWII era fighter planes took off from the local airport and passed within eyesight of the cemetary. Im sure my grandpa saw many of those during his time in Europe over 60 yearas ago. Thats about all for now. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Both of my uncles who have died in the past 2 years were veterans, and buried with full military honors. I can't hear Taps anymore without choking up myself.

I like your pastor's message, and the hope and faith that are part of it.